[mythtv-users] MythRadio?

David George david at onyxsoft.com
Wed Mar 17 21:18:36 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Matt Hannan wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:11:04 -0500
> From: Matt Hannan <matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net>
> To: 'Discussion about mythtv' <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] MythRadio?
>
> I am not talking about satellite or Internet radio, and that seems to be
> where this whole MythRadio things gets mucked down.
> I am talking about thru the air radio like in your old Pontiac.
>
> The PVR-350 has an actual radio input. I am sure that a bunch of other
> cards do to.
>
> I have read the old (last year) threads on this and it seems that this
> module is not happening do to excessive feature creep. This guys thinks
> it should be recordable, this guy thinks it should be streamable, this
> guy thinks it should be Internet radio, this guy thinks it should be
> purple with green trim, etc.
>
> I just want to hear Howard Stern (while I still can) or the Sunday
> afternoon reggae show on the local college radio station!
>
> Sure, enabling some kind of Internet radio deal in MythMusic sounds
> good. But that is not the radio I am talking about.
>
> Just my two cents.

At one time I had found a program with source that supported the radio in
the Hauppauge Win-TV.  I don't remember where I found it, but looking at
the source it looked like just a few ioctl's to actually start and stop
the radio.  It didn't look like it would be too hard to add a play radio,
tune station, etc.  Not sure about recording it, but at least it is a
start.

HTH, David