[mythtv-users] MythGallery OpenGL transitions broken in CVS?

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Tue Mar 16 16:08:36 EST 2004

    Joseph> Is anyone using the OpenGL transitions for MythGallery?  I
    Joseph> had them working when they first came out, before I
    Joseph> rebuilt my box, but now when I try to view a slideshow the
    Joseph> transitions slow screen updates to a crawl (like maybe one
    Joseph> frame/second).  I know OpenGL is working because I can
    Joseph> launch TuxRacer via MythGame and it works fine.  glxgears
    Joseph> reports:

OpenGL transitions worked fine for me, at least when using the
non-free nvidia driver with GL support.

With MythTV 0.14, I was rather suspicious of a memory leak associated
with MythGallery (as my system would slow to an incredible craw and/or
crash if I left the slide show on for several hours), but I haven't
investigated any further. Reproducing the problem and displaying the
free memory before/after is on my TODO list.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>