[mythtv-users] MythGallery OpenGL transitions broken in CVS?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 10:17:24 EST 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 11:20, Dan Morphis wrote:
> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > Is anyone using the OpenGL transitions for MythGallery?  I had them
> > working when they first came out, before I rebuilt my box, but now
> > when I try to view a slideshow the transitions slow screen updates
> > to a crawl (like maybe one frame/second).  I know OpenGL is working
> > because I can launch TuxRacer via MythGame and it works fine.
> > glxgears reports:
> >
> > GL_RENDERER   = GeForce4 MX 420/PCI/SSE/3DNOW!
> > GL_VERSION    = 1.4.0 NVIDIA 43.63
> > GL_VENDOR     = NVIDIA Corporation
> > [snip]
> > 4649 frames in 5.0 seconds = 929.800 FPS
> >
> > Any clues? Using CVS from 3/06.
> >
> > -JAC
> >

> Joseph, I tried gallery last night and the openGL transistions worked
> fine.  I'm running CVS from yesterday.  I'm using the 4363 drivers.
>
> -dan

OK, I upgraded to CVS yesterday (3/15) and still the same thing.  My
OpenGL implementation is fine (see above); TuxRacer & glxgears run just
fine; I use the Goom visualization in MythMusic without problems.  It's
just the MythGallery slideshow transitions.  Since AFAIK MythGallery
hasn't changed since I last had it working, and since I have done a
bare-metal install since then, I'm starting to suspect Qt.  Am I right
in thinking that MythGallery is currently the only module using
QGLWidget for its OpenGL stuff (I assume Goom doesn't, as that's
captured from another project, and I'm pretty sure TuxRacer & glxgears
don't use Qt).

On my old box I was using Qt built from source (for a long time it was
3.1.2, but I may have upgraded to the 3.2.x series at some point... I
don't recall).  Now I'm using the qt-3.2.3-0.fdr.8.1 RPM from
kde-redhat.  I see that theres a qt-3.2.3-0.fdr.9.1 available; don't
know if that would make a difference.  Looking at my ${QTDIR}/
pkgconfig/qt-mt.prc file, it looks like Qt was configured with
'opengl'... I dunno, I'm grasping at straws here.

Anyone running Fedora w/binary Nvidia graphics drivers have working
OpenGL transitions in MythGallery?  If so, what Qt package are you
using?

-JAC