[mythtv-users] RE: PVR-350 mpeg2 --> DVD burning. No commercial cutting or fancy stuff.

Brian Rumple brumple at VALUBOND.COM
Mon Mar 15 13:04:56 EST 2004

Burning the pvr-350 mpeg2 in Linux is really straight forward if you
don't care about menus. There has been a script posted many times that
will give you a DVD compliant mpeg2 and create the DVD file structure.

What I want to do is put multiple vcd's or svcd's on a single dvd. I
want to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD. It doesn't seem to make sense to
capture these in DVD quality since they don't originate in DVD quality.
This also seems to be the case with capturing TV input. Does that sound
logical? I don't know a lot about video formats so I might be missing
something here.

I believe that it is possible to put VCD's and SVCD's on a DVD if the
audio is 48k, which is all the DVD player will play.  I have to figure
out how to transcode my mpeg2's to VCD with the correct audio format.

What is a good solution to maximizing storage on a DVD while maintaining
VHS quality and allowing playback on a DVD player?