[mythtv-users] Help, I'm stuck getting TV picture

maarten van den Berg mythtv at ultratux.org
Mon Mar 15 12:15:04 EST 2004

I had some of it running yesterday, but in this new much faster hardware I do
not get it to run.  This is what I have:

2 bt4x4 cards, configured as /dev/video0 and /de/video1.
Using xawtv -c /dev/video0 I get no picture, using /dev/video1 I DO get a fine
picture. So, the second card has an active input signal.
When I change the cable to the other cards' input, I lose the signal on
/dev/video1 (doh) but it does not show anything though on video0.
So, something is still fishy there... but let's first move on.

So, in order to have MythTV disregard the first card and use the second one
(for now) what should I do ?  Currently it is set as follows:

two cards configured. ->  /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.
One videosource configured, bound to the second card's TV input only.
I tried having a fake source configured too, to card one, but that did not
work (well, neither does this, so...).  But, to reiterate, in input
connections, all are bound to (None) except the "Television" or card two.

Is that a correct setup ? Will it force MythTV to use the second card ?
Because, for all I can find out, it doesn't...
Whatever I do, it shows the normal PAL noise signal, a band of noise on top
and a large green part below it.

A related question: if I somehow get it to work later on, how do I configure
the input connections ? One source, added to both cards ? Or do I need to
define two videosources (it's all still coming from one cable)

I am not sure about the channel tuning but I tried my best to put the channels
in, and I used the same frequencies that work with Xawtv.

Is this a hardware problem ?  It just doesn't make sense that Xawtv works
then, is it ?

Maarten

--
Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER