[mythtv-users] Advice on Hardware

Benjamin Edwards bedwards at rnli.org.uk
Mon Mar 15 12:51:23 EST 2004

I currently trying to spec a PC for MythTV.  I was thinking of using The
Knopix MythTV distribution as it is based on Debian (my distro of
choise) and hopefully I wont have to recompile the kernal.

But my question is what TV Card(s) to use and what memory/CPU would I
need.  Was thinking of a sterio MPEG II HW card.  I guess the question
is what Card/CPU and Memory are best if the card is doing the work.

Also what douse MPEG II look like compared with MPEG 4?

Any other advice apreciated.

Ben

"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is for the intended recipient only. If you have received the email in error please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this email. Any views expressed by an individual within this email which do not constitute or record professional advice relating to the RNLI, do not necessarily reflect the views of the organisation.

Registered Charity Number 209603