[mythtv-users] v-stream pvr 883

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 8 10:59:49 EST 2004

Quoting Craig Tinson <craig at 8010.co.uk>:

> hey guys..
>
> I was in my local computer shop a couple of days ago.. was looking for
> tv cards.. he said he had the above card..
>
> I decided to check it out before buying it but can't seem to find much
> info on it..
>
> anyone heard of it before? or even better got one and have it working
> with mythtv?
>
> would appreciate any comments before handing over cash :)
Any more info?  What was the price of it?  Did it specify whether it did
software or hardware MPEG encoding?

I remember seeing a capture card on eBay made by "v-stream" which marked itself
as "formerly KWorld", and most importantly, it was a Bt878 (dumb capture) board.

The 883 could mean it's based on one of the cx88 chipsets, for which Linux
support is alpha.  It's a better chipset than the Bt878, but it's still a "dumb"
card.