[mythtv-users] Possible Problem

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Sun Mar 7 09:09:37 EST 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:22:50 +0100 spake Dirk of:

> Hi everybody,
> I think I found out a possible problem with the database handling. While
> investigating the mythconverg database regarding the addition of VPS
> information, I saw that the "program" table seems to contain ALL programs
> since the setup of the system, in my case since mid of december.
>
> I think there should be be mechanism in mythfilldatabase which deletes old,
> unused programs latest 30 days after their startdate.

Hi!

Mythfilldatabase does clear out old program information. At least, it does for
me. There's a step where it's supposed to delete old program information...
either before "today" or before "yesterday," I forget which.

Perhaps that step is failing for you, for some reason? For me,

mysql> select min(starttime), max(starttime) from program;
| min(starttime) | max(starttime) |
| 20040306000600 | 20040315235900 |
1 row in set (0.04 sec)

My database dates back to August last year, so I know that old program
information is being removed.

aaron