[mythtv-users] Feature request

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Mar 7 08:34:53 EST 2004

I would think it would be nice to be able to add options to
the MythTV menu from a config file.

Some examples of what I would like to use this for are:

1. Pop up an Cterm window.
2. Fire off a script to burn a DVD from a recorded show.

And I certain many other things would be useful also.

While one might think that one could do things like this with the
window manager menus, at least on my system, once mythfrontend
is up, I can't seem to access the window manager at all.

This is on a ssytem built from the latest KnoppMyth.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin