[mythtv-users] SUSE 9.0 rpms

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Mar 6 17:00:51 EST 2004

HI!

Øystein Olsen wrote:

> I've built a few rpms for SUSE 9.0 and I would appreciate if  somebody would
> help me with testing these rpms. There are a few issues regarding these rpms:

Just wanted to let you know, I installed successfully a remote frontend
under Suse 9.0 with your RPMs (the new ones from 20040302).

Some minor points:

I had to install mythbackend to get mythsetup. Maybe it would be better,
if mythsetup had its own RPM.

When I installed mythbackend, it tried immediatly to install itself as a
service. I would not want that to happen automagically.

The main Myth0.14 RPM has dependancy on perl-xmltv (which depends on
LOTS of perl modules). Is this really needed? I think, I would not have
needed it for a remote frontend.

Thanks anyway for the good work with the RPMs!

Thomas