[mythtv-users] Common rpms for redhat/suse/mandrake/... (was: SUSE 9.0 rpms)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 3 13:17:54 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 07:14:58PM +0100, Øystein Olsen wrote:
> > can the changes be merged back into ATrpms, so that the same src.rpms
> > build on Red Hat/Fedora and SuSE?
>
> It should be possible. There are a few dependencies that are different, so we
> need to define BuildRequires and Requires statements based on distro. There
> is also the questions of linking against qt, some settings.pro (mythdvd &
> mythmusic) must be modified to allow for all features and the desktop entries
> should be modified. It would be possible to send a rebuild-options  to
> rpmbuild, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go.

We should examine the differences first, I know very little of SuSE
and Mandrake. There are some differences like -devel vs -dev or
version-suffixed libpackages, which I think we will be able to
overcome.

> > I'd be willing to host them at atrpms at the same level as the Red
> > Hat/Fedora rpms (replacing fedora-1-i386 with suse-9.0-i386).
>
> I would like that very much.  What would be the best way to upload them to
> atrpms? (I'm currently rebuilding the rpms.)

I am currently creating infrastructure for such purposes, suggestions
are welcome. Do you have an rsync server I can let cron pull from?

> > The Mandrake developer is also interested in having common
> > src.rpms. :)
>
> The questions is of course how much the specs must be modified and how to deal
> with the differences in the distros, but that is slightly off-topic for the
> mythtv-user list.

Let's take it to the atrpms-devel list :)
(lists.atrpms.net)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de