[mythtv-users] Tuning the PVR250MCE

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Mon Jun 28 12:06:06 EDT 2004

Cotter, Paul M. wrote:

> Arrggghhh...  I am having the most impossible time setting up Myth.
> I've finally got all my bits working together, but now my main
> difficulty is the 250MCE - I can't seem to get it to tune correctly to
> the channels.  As I've mentioned before on the list, I have Comcast
> Cable in the 60402 area code.  The tunings are not quite standard
> (us-cable or us-cable-hrc) so I get intermittently crackly audio and
> occasional freezes.
>
> (I'm running Knoppmyth R4V4.1, BTW)
>
> I can't get the ptune.pl or ptune-ui.pl utilities working (says can't
> find Config/IniFiles.pm), though IIRC that doesn't work with the
> PVR250MCE - correct?
>
> Anyone have a good channel table for this provider?  Or any
> suggestions for good utilities to determine the correct frequencies?
>
> Paul
>
> P.S. Maybe it would be a good idea to allow for the fine-tuning of the
> current channel through the OSD?  Before anyone says "we are happily
> awaiting the patch" I can't code cpp (yet, though myth encourages me
> to try), so it was just a feeler to see if anyone out there thinks
> this is a good/stupid idea.

I found for me (Comcast Easter-MA) that the us standard worked the best,
but channels 5 and 6 were way off. I edited the fine tuning via the Myth
channel editor menu bt trial and error. Someone also posted a mysql
script for munging channels a few weeks back. I would *love* fine tuning
hot-keys in myth when viewing live tv.

Tim