[mythtv-users] Tuning the PVR250MCE

Cotter, Paul M. pcotter at kmzr.com
Mon Jun 28 09:14:54 EDT 2004

Arrggghhh...  I am having the most impossible time setting up Myth.
I've finally got all my bits working together, but now my main
difficulty is the 250MCE - I can't seem to get it to tune correctly to
the channels.  As I've mentioned before on the list, I have Comcast
Cable in the 60402 area code.  The tunings are not quite standard
(us-cable or us-cable-hrc) so I get intermittently crackly audio and
occasional freezes.

(I'm running Knoppmyth R4V4.1, BTW)

I can't get the ptune.pl or ptune-ui.pl utilities working (says can't
find Config/IniFiles.pm), though IIRC that doesn't work with the
PVR250MCE - correct?

Anyone have a good channel table for this provider?  Or any suggestions
for good utilities to determine the correct frequencies?

Paul

P.S. Maybe it would be a good idea to allow for the fine-tuning of the
current channel through the OSD?  Before anyone says "we are happily
awaiting the patch" I can't code cpp (yet, though myth encourages me to
try), so it was just a feeler to see if anyone out there thinks this is
a good/stupid idea.

Important:
This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing,
copying, disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to
legal restriction or sanction.  Please notify the sender, by electronic
mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original
message without making any copies.