[mythtv-users] Re: mythtvsetup requires mythtv-frontend (was:mythtvsetup (atrpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 28 04:08:41 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 07:26:48AM +0000, Tom Grant wrote:
> Thanks for the Reply, Axel.
>
> I think it would be good to package those XML files into the backend for be
> able to run mythtvsetup for configuring the backend. Don't you think so?

Then the frontend rpm would require the backend rpm to work.

The idea was to have frontend and backend rpms separated and some
people wnated to have mythtvsetup deinstallable from their backend to
reduce number of packages/size.

One way would be to split the xml files into yet another package, but
that is too granular, people will get lost in the numbers of required
rpms. :(

> But it is no problem to install the frontend package aswell.

OK. ;)