[mythtv-users] No sound in live TV or recordings with PVR-250

Graham Wheeler gram at geekraver.com
Mon Jun 28 04:04:30 EDT 2004

Corey Woodworth wrote:

> I've had this problem. You must copy all the msp3400.o or .ko files from
> your ivtv/drivers directory and put them in your kernels
> drivers/media/video directory (i'm not 100% on that, but if you locate
> msp3400.ko just put the new drivers there)

Well, I found two sets of compiled drivers, but they were identical. I did
find different source files between the kernel sources and
/usr/local/lib/ivtv. So I copied the ones in /usr/local/lib/ivtv over the
kernel ones, and rebuilt the kernel and modules. Then I got depmod complain
of unresolved symbols in mp3400.o (but depmod -e didn't tell me what they
were), so I tried just building in /usr/local/lib/ivtv and copying those
over to /lib/modules. I then rebooted - and realized that I hadn't run lilo
- so now I can't boot (I hate f*&$ing lilo; I come from a BSD background and
often forget this step; it's so ridiculous. Why didn't the KnoppMyth folk
use grub?) I thought I may be able to fix lilo using a Knoppix CD, but it
gives me fatal errors on writing to /dev/hda - aarghh! So I'm back to
reinstalling from scratch, after which I'll try recompiling the code in
/usr/local/lib/ivtv and see if it makes a difference.