[mythtv-users] Re: Jerod's guide updates?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 22 17:53:25 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 03:07, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi Jerrod, ;)

Very funny, Alex. =)

(cc'ing atrpms-devel)

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:59:03PM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 21 June 2004 18:12, Andy Long wrote:
> > <tongue-in-cheek>
> > I don't know who Jerod is, and I'm not familiar with Jerod's guide.
> > However, I can speak about Jarod's guide.
> > </tongue-in-cheek>
> >
> > I won't change my doc over to FC2 until there are stable nvidia and ivtv
> > drivers that work with the stock kernel. As for MythTV 0.15(.1), the
> > instructions for installing are pretty much identical. I've installed on
> > a FC2 machine (sans-nvidia and ivtv driver) just fine following that
> > formula.
> >
> > > Anyone know of a guide that's as comprehensive as Jerod's that uses FC2
> > > and mythtv v.15?
> >
> > That uses rpms for everything, no. But like I said, there's nothing
> > really stopping you from using my doc as-is, except for the nvidia and
> > ivtv drivers not being safe for use with FC2's stock kernel.
>
> You probably won't have to change the doc other than mentioning that
> for nvidia and ivtv currently 8kstack kernels are neccessary, and
> until this has been resolved by the respective developers such kernel
> and kernel modules are offered at ATrpms.
>
> Yes, I did build a kernel with 8kstacks and the kernel modules for it
> ... :(

Ah well, I guess we can just roll with that for an FC2 guide release...

In quasi-related news:
I hit a brick road some time back trying to patch the pcHDTV driver into
ATrpms' kernels (mostly due to lack of time), but I may give it another go
with the recent stuff that Kelliher put out. If I'm successful, I'll get you
a patch. Then when nvidia and ivtv are 4kstacks clean, maybe there will still
be need for an ATrpms kernel for ease of pcHDTV use. :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...