[mythtv-users] One last effort. tvout on the pvr350

James Satterfield jsatter at uberduper.com
Sat Jun 19 16:31:30 EDT 2004

I've got MythTV fully functional using an nvidia card for tvout. I'm trying
to like it. I still think it's cool. I'm just not happy with it yet.

The menus are kinda klunky and they tend to move around on the screen a
lot. Sometimes the myth gui will move a few pixels to the right and I'll
start seeing a bright orange strip down the left side of the screen.
Live/Recorded TV isn't nearly as sharp as I expect it to be. I'm getting
random crashes. I keep saying to myself, "Just a few more tweaks and it'll
be sweet." But the tweaks come and go, and I'm still making excuses to my
wife about why isn't not as smooth/simple as her tivo.

I have high hopes that getting the pvr350 tvout running will help solve
some of these problems. Improved video quality at the very least. Smoother
OSD/menu nav hopefully. I know there's a few people on this list that are
running this setup and love it. Is there any chance you could provide me
the configuration you're using? XF86Config, module params, mythtv capture
settings, ivtv driver version, etc. Tell me which mythtv modules you're
using, dvd, videos (non-mpeg2?), etc.

I've tried a lot to get pvr350 tvout setup, but couldn't keep the machine
running for more then a few minutes without a crash.

I know this is a bitchfest/please spoonfeed me email, but after 3 weeks of
failure upon failure I'm ready to give up. This is just a last ditch effort
to get Myth on my TV.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
James.