[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jun 18 13:30:31 EDT 2004

> I made the fifodirs, but I tried the first two
> commands (the mythtranscode and audio command lines)
> in two separate terminal windows, and they just sat
> there and didn't seem to be doing anything--at least
> they weren't providing any feedback like nuvexport
> does with the frame counter.

The first three need to run.  I think the last one is just the mplexer
statement (haven't run in debug mode in a long time, I forget).

Basically, mythtranscode will only send data to the fifos when they're
both being read from.

> I installed screen but need to read more on how to use
> it... thanks for the tip on that one.

screen is nice.  run it, you get a new "screen"..  run whatever you
want, then press control-A D  (control-A, then D) to disconnect.  Then
you can hang up your ssh connection, etc and you screen will live on.
just run `screen -r` to reconnect.

-Chris