[mythtv-users] Myth 0.15 using wrong input on PVR 250

Chris mythtvusers.x.kyanos at spamgourmet.org
Thu Jun 17 00:17:55 EDT 2004

 Since upgrading to 0.15 from 0.13, my Myth box hasn't managed to record
anything but a blank screen.  It also shows only black when I try to
watch live TV.  My testing has indicated that Myth is trying to use a
non-functional input of the IVTV driver (I have a PVR-250).  I've seen
this problem on both 0.15 and 0.15.1.

 Currently 'test_ioctl -a' shows that the driver is using Input 5.  If I
go into 'Watch Live TV,' I get nothing but a blank screen.  If I run
'test_ioctl -p 4' to change it to composite 4, then suddenly live TV
works just fine.  Unfortunately, if left alone it changes back and stops
working.  It also changes to input 5 when mythfrontend is first started.

 In the Myth setup program, I used to have two input sources as I wasn't
sure which one was correct.  I have since deleted the incorrect one.
Under "Capture Card setup," I have it set for a PVR card with Composite
4 as the default input; under "Input" I have only composite 4 using
zap2it, the rest are "(None)".  I've re-run the setup program several
times, and re-created the capture card information, but it doesn't help.

 Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

--
Chris Witham
Computer Engineer and Geek

Four-wheel-drive just means getting stuck in more inaccessible places.