[mythtv-users] [was: Advantages of 2.6 kernel -- SATA now: SATA

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Fri Jun 11 10:42:24 EDT 2004

> A bit off topic, but could someone in the know explain whether there are
> challenges in running SATA on FC1?

I've asked this question a while ago, but the answers were like
"install an EIDE hard disk".

Though, I am sure that the FC1 kernel can be compiled with SATA
support; what I don't know, is how to hack the installation CDs
to replace the default kernel with my modified kernel.

So I had to switch to FC2 and experience all the related problems :-)
(i.e., I'm not using myth since many weeks)

If you find a solution, please post it to the list...

Franco