[mythtv-users] Extra frontends (problem with scheduling recordings)

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Thu Jun 10 13:06:26 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 03:33:09PM +0100, John Pullan wrote:
> I have a main mythtv box which works very well as a combined
> backend/frontend system. I have now started to try and get my laptop
> working as a second frontend but I've come across a problem with
> scheduling recodings from the new frontend.
>
> Initially when I fired up the guide it said  I didn't have any channels
> so copied the channels from the master backend. (This seemed a bit
> strange to me, I kinda thought it would just pick those up ?)

Yeah, that was strange.  On your laptop, you need to edit
/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt to point `DBHostName' to your master server.  Then
your frontend will query your existing backend database for the guide
data.

> I then go into the "guide" and mark a program to be recorded it doesn't
> seem to be scheduled on the back end.

Ditto.  You're scheduling it on your laptop's mysql server, not on the
master backend's database.

Regards,

Chris