[mythtv-users] Extra frontends (problem with scheduling recordings)

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Thu Jun 10 10:33:09 EDT 2004

This is possibly a set of dumb questions, but anyway :

I have a main mythtv box which works very well as a combined
backend/frontend system. I have now started to try and get my laptop
working as a second frontend but I've come across a problem with
scheduling recodings from the new frontend.

Initially when I fired up the guide it said  I didn't have any channels
so copied the channels from the master backend. (This seemed a bit
strange to me, I kinda thought it would just pick those up ?)

I then go into the "guide" and mark a program to be recorded it doesn't
seem to be scheduled on the back end.

I'm sure I'm not doing something correctly but I can't spot it.
Any help/advice is appreciated

Regards
--
John Pullan <jmp at tarantella.com>