[mythtv-users] Multiple capture cards, single video source, and scheduling

Mark mark_kendall at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 10 11:32:17 EDT 2004

> There is a preferences field
> in the capturecard table, which presumably would allow you to adjust the
> card ordering without doing any of the above, but I've never looked at it
> to see if it works.

This is what I've just done. I have 3 DVB cards, all same quality etc, but
by changing the preference values in the inputcard table (ie card 3 has 10,
2 has 5 etc) recordings are now scheduled with 3 first choice, 2 second
choice ...

So livetv gets cards in cardid order and recordings (scheduler) get cards in
reverse cardid order - and this should minimise the number of times livetv
is interrupted as a recording wants to start.

Regards

Mark