[mythtv-users] Can a universal remote be used with the Hauppauge IR reciever?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 06:37:39 EDT 2004

Well yesterday I splashed out on a Philips Universal remote (specifically,
the SBC RU 865 - I'd post a link, but the site uses SID's, you can find it
in the remote section here http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c/ce/)
and used irrecord to generate me a nice lircd.conf. It's not all working
yet, but it definitely works to some degree.

As far as working with the hauppauge receiver goes, I think that any remote
using the RC5 (?) protocol will work.