[mythtv-users] Can a universal remote be used with the Hauppauge IR reciever?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Jun 10 03:02:13 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:11:23PM +0100, Stephen Tait wrote:
> Well, that's good news. I got the black remote that came with my PVR-250 to
> work, and was a bit frustrated by the lack of buttons (had to do things
> like map the ch+- and vol+- buttons to be spatial navigators, which makes
> it impossible for anyone but me to sue the remote, argh!).

I looked at universal remotes available in Australia (at local hifi
shops and so on) but none of them seemed to be a good match for Myth's
features.

In the end I bought a TiVO series 1 remote from eBay. Since Myth is
roughly similar to TiVO in functionality it makes sense that a TiVO
remote would be a good match for Myth.

I think I read that it won't work with your Hauppage IR receiver though
(incompatible codes). In that case you would need to build the homebrew
receiver.

Hamish