[mythtv-users] mythtv users in the UK - EPG

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Tue Jun 1 16:03:49 EDT 2004

Nicholas Devenish wrote:
> Hi,
> How much info do you get? I can only get the program names and times (no
> descriptions or anything) - can you get more information?
>
> I found that tv_grab_uk_rt has a -slow option, but how do I get
> mythfilldatabase to pass that to it? Will that give me more program
> details?

Yes it will. It used to be the case that I had to edit the tv_grab_uk_rt
executable but now you can just pass '--graboptions "--slow" ' on the
command line.
The slow option will make the grabber run for about an hour per day it
fetches. I like to refresh a few days ahead and fetch about 6 days every
  day so it would run from 4am till 10am. So instead I run each day
fetch in parralel.