[mythtv-users] mythtv users in the UK - EPG

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Jun 1 17:07:04 EDT 2004

Charlie Brej wrote:

> Nicholas Devenish wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> How much info do you get? I can only get the program names and times
>> (no descriptions or anything) - can you get more information?
>>
>> I found that tv_grab_uk_rt has a -slow option, but how do I get
>> mythfilldatabase to pass that to it? Will that give me more program
>> details?
>

> Yes it will. It used to be the case that I had to edit the
> tv_grab_uk_rt executable but now you can just pass '--graboptions
> "--slow" ' on the command line.

I was going to post an 'oops' to my mail
But looking at the code I think I see a bug...

if you use the --graboptions it concatenates it to the source grabber
and then does a text comparison with the expected grabber names so it
will always fall through to:
    else
    {
        isNorthAmerica = true;
        command.sprintf("nice %s --days 1 --offset %d --config-file '%s' "
                        "--output %s", xmltv_grabber.ascii(),
                        offset, configfile.ascii(), filename.ascii());

So it looks like it will always just get --days 1 if you use
--graboptions (unless --graboptions has --days 1 and the parser uses the
1st arg, not the 2nd)

Hmm. Let me know if it breaks - actually, make that when ;)

> The slow option will make the grabber run for about an hour per day it
> fetches. I like to refresh a few days ahead and fetch about 6 days
> every  day so it would run from 4am till 10am. So instead I run each
> day fetch in parralel.

each day I pull 3x 1 day grabs in cron:
 * tomorrow - last minute refresh
 * today +7 - usually solid a week ahead (no "to be announced"s)
 * today +13 - gives a good idea whats coming (some tbas, often films
but usually series (eg farscape!) are known)

David