[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV pro installation

Tomi Mäkinen mcine at luukku.com
Tue Jun 1 07:06:16 EDT 2004

I am not experienced linux user and I too tried to get that card to
work with linux. Seems to me that if it is new card (red one), the tuner
is not supported by linux. I saw few patches and stuff for it when
googling, but did not get them to work. Well, I got frustrated and
bought Hauppage PVR 250 and I got mythtv up and running in
one evening.

I would like to know if you get the card working, I could try 2 card setup.

- McIne -

Jeff Gladnick kirjoitti 01.06.2004 kello 02:10:
> I am having a lot of difficulty installing my Pinnacle PCTV pro
>  video card
> with mythtv.  I got myth installed easily with Knoppmyth, but my
> unfamiliarity with linux is catching up with me.  I downloaded the BTTV
> drivers, which seem to be the right thing to do for my card, even
>  though it
> is the conextant 878a chip.
>
> Is there anyone who has had success installing this particular card, who
> could give me some pointers, or better yet! has an install script?
>
> My computer is a 1.8ghz celeord, 200gb hd, 128 nvidia 4400, 256 mb ram
>

> Jeff

 MTV3 Laajakaista - Hauskemman elämän puolesta.
 http://www.mtv3.fi/liittyma/hankinta/laajakaista/