[mythtv-users] How many tuner for frontend?

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Jun 1 03:57:43 EDT 2004

Depends on how much space you've got (shouldn't need *that* much!)
Try setting a manual recording for that channel. start at say 8am, end
at say 1am.  (or less depending on when you're around)

Then go to fix scheduling conflicts and go to the advanced screen
Set to that timeslot every day.
Then set the auto expire to keep 1 show and delete oldest over max.
Turn of duplicate check.
Should work...

If you have plenty of space then go from midnight.
Then you can do eg: 1730 <skip> to get to 5:30pm :)
(principle always applies but there's less maths that way depending on
who's using it)

David
PS You may want to use XFS filesystems or your deletes may take a
while... May not matter if they're automatic.