[mythtv-users] Problem with Debian unstable packages (probably SQL)

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Sat Jul 31 21:31:12 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 06:05:08PM -0500, Nick Traxler wrote:
> I have a single-machine Debian unstable system that I'm trying to set up
> as a Myth box. I'm using the deb packages listed at:
> http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/
>
> And my system:
> 2xPentium 3/1000Mhz
> 512 MB
> Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440
> Hauppage WinTV 401 (I think that's the model # - it has the FM tuner and
> stereo outputs, no MPEG encoder)
>
> The packages seem to install fine, add a user, and add a DB in mysql. I
> run mythtv-setup as the mythtv user, get most of the stuff configured,
> and I can see my lineup from DataDirect. But, when I go into the channel
> editor, it sits for at least five minutes without populating the list
> with any channels. I hit escape and exit from the program, and this is
> in the terminal window:
>
> ---terminal output---
> DB Error (Inserting into dd_genre):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO dd_genre (programid, class, relevance)
> VALUES(:PROGRAMID,:CLASS,:RELEVANCE);
> Driver error was [2/1146]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Table 'mythconverg.dd_genre' doesn't exist

Might need to run mysql_fix_privilege_tables script (installed in
/usr/bin in debian).  The dd_* tables are temporary tables that newer
versions of msql support.  If you've upgraded an existing mysql
installation, support for temporary tables is not automatically
established - that's what the script is for.

I got bit by this a while back.  Hopefully this will solve the problem
for you.

Chris