[mythtv-users] Re: Slightly OT: lirc on Fedora Core 2 and/or 2.6 kernel based distros

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jul 22 04:54:08 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 12:18:08PM +0800, Gideon N. Guillen wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:30:12 +0200, Axel Thimm <axel.thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> > apt-get install kernel-module-lirc-`uname -r`
> > apt-get install lirc
>
> Would this work anythe updated official Fedora Core 2 kernel?

Currently supported kernels are:
2.6.7-1.456_4.rhfc2.at and 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 (latest RH errata kernel)

> Would this work for any type of bttv card that has a built-in ir
> remote (using the lirc_gpio driver)?

Yes, if lirc supports it. Note that for kernel 2.6.x lirc's mseusb is
broken, the rest is fine.

> Anyway, how were you able to build it.  Did you apply any kind of
> patch?

Only for i2c-enriched enabled kernels. But the issue with kernel
modules are not patches but borky shipped kernel-sources by
RH. _Always_ do make mrporper and remove the "custom" suffix in the
Makefile before even looking at the kernel-source kernel sources ...

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net