[mythtv-users] Re: mythweb feature request

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jul 21 15:01:55 EDT 2004

> On the Recorded Programs screen, instead of just Delete, could we get a "Delete
> and remember" and a "Delete and allow rerecording" or something like that?
> This would help people who know that a recording is borked and they want to
> be able to reschedule it.  I know that this is possible using the frontend, it
> would just be nice to have it in mythweb too.

I have plans to add this sort of thing in on the recording detail page
(which will integrate with nuvexport).

Part of the problem with ALL of this is that I'm running out of screen
real estate to put all of these commands.  A large (or just vocal)
percentage of the user base has asked me not to require javascript in
mythweb, which means I can't do cool things like popup menus for
commands, etc.  And since I personally don't like popup windows for
additional things like "which type of delete," that's not a valid
option, either (plus, it's requires javascript to close the new window, etc)

If anyone has suggestions for better layouts, I'm all ears, but all of
the cool stuff I can think of requires javascript, or adding several
extra steps (which might be a decent tradeoff, since MOST people have
javascript enabled)

-Chris