[mythtv-users] Re: mythweb feature request

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Wed Jul 21 16:08:22 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen said:
> A large (or just vocal) percentage of the user base has asked me not to
> require javascript in mythweb

The video data editing that was added to Mythweb in .15 requires javascript to open up and close the edit window.  I can change it to just use the same window if needed.

In fact I added several additional features for the video info edit (select cover file and pull data from imdb), but never finished because I couldn't figure out how to write a file to the video cover art directory due to permission issues.  The art directory is in the user home directory with a symlink to it from the mythweb directory.  Reading isn't a problem and writing the file to a directory under mythweb that isn't a symlink isn't a problem.  The symlink has been given a permission of 777 and I've tried putting FollowSymLinks in the .htacces file but still have no luck.  Any idea what I could look at that could be causing the permission problem?

Bob C