[mythtv-users] irxevent doesn't work when invoked from blackbox session file.

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sun Jul 18 21:47:29 EDT 2004

Ryan Steffes wrote:

> Will Dormann wrote:
>
>> I can see that irxevent is running, but it's not responding to the
>> remote.   If I do a "killall irxevent" and then run irxevent again,
>> the remote works just fine.
>>
> Shooting in the dark, a sleep may work, it could be that your irxevent
> is getting loaded before the modules are.

Good idea, but I've tried that without luck.   I had blackbox call a
script which does a sleep for 5 seconds, and then launches irxevent.
No go.

I also tried modifiying the blackbox session file to launch irxevent,
killall irxevent, and then launch irxevent again.    Still didn't work.

I can't reboot the system right no to test it, but perhaps some
combination of sleep and re-spawning irxevent may work?   It just
doesn't seem right that I would have to try weird hacks like that to get
it to work, though.

-WD