[mythtv-users] LiveTV not working (PVR250)

Tom Grant tom_mythtv at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 15:57:25 EDT 2004

Hello MythTV-Users

I am playing around for weeks with my PVR250 cards, tried to getting them to
work on my remote frontend. But without any luck. So i am could need some
advices from you pro's.

My problem is, that i receive just a black screen when i am trying to watch
LiveTV. It creates a file in the buffer directory, but its size is 0 bytes.
Frontend hangs then. Backend probably aswell. If i do a "cat /dev/video0 >
somefile.mpg" everything works fine; i got a valid mpg file. So the card
works fine on the backend, but something in the remote connection does not
work. Any ideas? Any tip is really welcome.

Cheers
  Tom

PS: Here my systems in short:
- Backend and frontend splitted
- Backend got 2 PVR250 and a WinTV PCI (for epg only)
- 100mbit LAN
- 3com NICs