[mythtv-users] 0.14-> 0.15.1 :: playing recordings get black borders

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun Jul 18 11:58:45 EDT 2004

It is probably discussed before, but I don't know the right keywords, other
than 'xv', 'black' and 'border(s)'. Which pretty much brings up any video
related problem. So I haven't found an answer.

Since I upgraded from 0.14 to MythTV 0.15.1, when I playback recordings I get
black bars on top and bottom of the screen (and a tiny on the right also)
using TV-out.

I know this is because of 'underscan', but well, I can't cranck up the
controls my driver gives me that much. And the MythTV scaling just scales the
video _inside_ the 'box'. MPlayer / Xine / Ogle still play fine, and it used
to work in MythTV 0.14.

I run MythTV on an Asus Pundit, with a SiS 740 chipset ("315 series"). First
I'll try to fiddle with the driver settings and see if MythTV is even
slightly affect by it. But it will likely only make it worse in the sense
that the menu will fall off-screen or something (my menu doesn't have black
bars).

Anyone has suggestions?

	Henk Poley <><