[mythtv-users] 0.14-> 0.15.1 :: playing recordings get black borders

Dr. Doug L. Hoffman hoffman at dlhoffman.com
Sun Jul 18 14:26:50 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 10:58, Henk Poley wrote:
> It is probably discussed before, but I don't know the right keywords, other
> than 'xv', 'black' and 'border(s)'. Which pretty much brings up any video
> related problem. So I haven't found an answer.
>
> Since I upgraded from 0.14 to MythTV 0.15.1, when I playback recordings I get
> black bars on top and bottom of the screen (and a tiny on the right also)
> using TV-out.
snip
> I run MythTV on an Asus Pundit, with a SiS 740 chipset ("315 series"). First
> I'll try to fiddle with the driver settings and see if MythTV is even
> slightly affect by it. But it will likely only make it worse in the sense
> that the menu will fall off-screen or something (my menu doesn't have black
> bars).
>
> Anyone has suggestions?
>
> 	Henk Poley <><

I had the same problem right after upgrading from 14 to 15 and it turned
out to be the DisplaySize setting in the XF86Config file. It seems that
the way the aspect ration of myth's picture is computed now uses this
setting. Change the values to something that is close to 4:3 and the
problem should go away.

Regards,
Doug
Doug L. Hoffman, PhD            |  hoffman at dlhoffman.com,