[mythtv-users] Nvidia TVout problem

fweebles at cerebellum.salem.nexgengaming.com fweebles at cerebellum.salem.nexgengaming.com
Fri Jul 9 15:30:31 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>I would give the 4363 drivers a try. Could also be that your TV just doesn't
>like the modes you're feeding it, and maybe you need a custom one...

Hmm...apparently I don't have the kernel module installed for 4363 to work with the newest ATrpms kernel -- it appears to have installed another (older) version of the kernel that doesn't have support for anything (XFS, my ethernet card, other things).  So I guess I'll have to recompile my options back into that older kernel to try 4363.

I wondered if it might have something to do with a custom mode, but I honestly have no idea how the "ModeLine" parameters work, and wouldn't know where to go about finding values to stick in there.

I also tried playing with the nvidia-setting program, but it didn't seem to have any effect on myth whatsoever.  Even when I turned the flicker filter right down to zero (so it was only displaying every other line), mythtv's menus (but alas, not the TV picture) was coming through as normal.

On closer inspection of the TV screen while the live TV is playing, it appears as if the problem is an interlacing one, with the even numbered lines shifted slightly to the right of the odd numbered ones (or vice versa, I can't tell exactly which of course).

I wish I could screen capture the display and link to it, but for obvious reasons that doesn't work too well.

Ongoing thanks,
--Trevor