[mythtv-users] hauppauge wintv pvr250 tuner setup help anybody

maestro waggawagga at gmx.net
Thu Jul 8 18:32:24 EDT 2004

hi all,
i've read about mythtv on the internet and it really looks great.
i built myself a system based on a via epia m10k, with a wintv pvr250.
os is Debian/Gnu Linux 3.1 Sarge (from a netinst cd) i got the debian
packages for mythtv from
http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/
and the ivtv driver.
ivtv compiling and installation went fine (after i figured out that bttv
support must be enabled in the kernel to get the tuner.o module [is that
mentioned in the docs? i dont think so]) and i can record from s-video
and composit jacks via
dd if=/dev/video0 of=/tmp/rec.mpg bs=64k count=100,
i live in austria (pal country) and have a terrestrial antenna, the
tuner tpye (as reported by modprobe tveeprom sais 29 (LG tuner)) i set
that value to /etc/modules.conf and reloaded the module.
i tried all input channels [0-8] via test_ioctl [test_ioctl -d
/dev/video0 -u 0xff -p 8 -f width=720,height=576] but i'm not able to
get a tv signal, some channels deliver noise and some only black
screens.
i digged through the mailing-list archives and tried a lot of things i
read there the last 3 nights (and they were long ones :-() but nothing
helped.

can anyone give me another hint what i could try to get this to work?

if theres any information missing please let me know, i'd gladly provide
anything that might be usefull.

so long
maestro

p.s. sorry for the bad english it's not my mother's tounge