[mythtv-users] Decoder problems during playback

Stephen Atkins atkinss at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 7 16:02:28 EDT 2004

I just happened accross this problem while showing my wife how to use the
system.  I recorded one of her soaps and I was fast forwarding (only at 2x) and
when I pressed the play key which should then pause the playback it stopped
responding.  In the frontend log it was displaying "Waited to long for decoder
to pause."  I'm running the release .15 version.  I've also got it running on a
2500+ Athlon XP with 512 Megs and 30 gigs HD (about 24 gig free).  I'm almost
sure its not a hard ware issue.  I was not recording anything (the program was
recorded earlier in the day) and nothing but myth/mysql is running on that box.
Just wondering if anyone knows why this might be happening and if it has been
fixed.  I looked through gossamer but couldn't find anything recent on this
issue.

    //    Stephen Atkins                          Information Systems
   // o   satkins at skircr.com			      Head Programmer
  //____  http://www.skircr.com       Resorts of the Canadian Rockies
 /_______

Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard
to understand.