[mythtv-users] New nVidia driver

Harri Hautakangas harri at hautakangas.com
Sat Jul 3 16:14:18 EDT 2004

I am using Geforce4 mx. Svideo out works great, actually better than
before. I only have output to TV-out, and before when I exited X back to
commandline my monitor would not turn back on. So I had to
reboot blind, but with the new drivers it turns back on.

My NTSC modeline that I picked up, I think from Jarod, refused to work.
Everything worked fine without it at 800x600, and at first I thought
everything is ok, but...
I notice some "tearing" during some fast movement, a lot less than with
the old Nvidia drivers and kerneldeint OFF, but still some tearing.
Do you need to turn the interlacing on using a modeline (or where else
would you insert the command in XF86Config), or do the drivers turn it on
automatically when using tv-out ?
Otherwise the picture looks great. The nvidia-settings thingy is
awesome. I noticed that experimental a/v sync and jtter reduction seem
to work, because
without them CNN ticker does not look good, but with them on it smooths
out after about 10-15 seconds.