[mythtv-users] nuvexport to mono

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 11:53:03 EDT 2004

From: Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>
>3. There was talk of making mythtranscode itself
>capable of saving into
>a variety of formats.  I keep hoping that this
>will happen and that
>nuvexport (which really was just a quick hack so I
>could save to svcd)
>can be retired.

The thing that prevents me from diving in and
coding this is that I have not been able to get
ffmpeg (libavcodec/libavformat, which is what
myth uses internally) to output something that
can be authored to DVD.  For that matter, SVCD
and VCD doesn't seem all that reliable either,
though I haven't done much testing and research
into it.

If someone could tell me how to get ffmpeg to
encode and mux something that can be burned
to DVD as well as confirm that SVCD and VCD
output is reliable, I'll dive in and code this.

-Dennis