[mythtv-users] OT: wireless 802.11g pci suggestions

Sager, Jim Jim.Sager at turner.com
Thu Jul 1 12:10:33 EDT 2004

How is ff/rw working for you. I have a Netgear WG311T wireless PCI card
in my backend and a Netgear WGT624 router. I use madwifi to get the card
working. Don't know how to enable turbo mode (if it's even possible at
this point). My frontend is hardwired to the router. ff/rw on my frontend
is terrible.

The backend is set up using NFS to export /mnt/store. I mount this on my
frontend and used mythsetup to set the recording directory to point to
/mnt/store on my backend and set the backend server ip to the appropriate
backend address. Everything works, but ff/rw is terrible. Is there any
way to speed this up?

Jim