[mythtv-users] how to get X and mythfrontend to use 350 TV Out (almost working)

Brian Stults bstults at crim.ufl.edu
Sat Jan 31 22:16:19 EST 2004

malcolm-mythtv wrote:

> Looking in your XF86Config you have this line
>
>         BusID "0:0x0e:0"
>
> How did you know what to put for "BusID" ?  I've seen some say the output of
> lspci -v but the output doesn't have anything labled Bus or BusID.

hardin[~]% lspci | grep iTVC15
00:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

So, for me...

BusID "0:0f:0"

In the "Device" section of your XF86Config-4, make sure "/dev/fb1" is
the correct framebuffer device for you.  Look for this line in
/var/log/messages:

fb0: iTVC15 TV out frame buffer device

For me, this indicates that my device is /dev/fb0.

You also need to modify your "ServerLayout" section.  I think yours
should be like this:

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier	"layout1"
	Screen	0	"TV Screen"
	InputDevice	"Keyboard1"
	InputDevice	"Mouse1"
EndSection

Hopefully this gets you going in the right direction.