[mythtv-users] Audio in xawtv, but not myth - sound muted, set to record

Edwin Chang Edwin_Chang at brown.edu
Wed Jan 28 22:03:06 EST 2004

Unfortunately the line-in on my SN41G2 doesn't work, so I've had to use the
mic line to get audio from my leadtek tv2000. I get audio fine in xawtv, but
none in mythtv (or for that matter, mythmusic). the mic is set to mute and
record in the alsa mixer and i get no errors from mythfrontend or backend...
xmms and system beeps come out fine, though. I'm using ALSA, having followed
Jarod's guide. When I start xawtv, mute the mic line, and run aplay /dev/dsp
I get:

underrun!!! (at least 9.996 ms long)
underrun!!! (at least 11.305 ms long)
.