[mythtv-users] adding a 'shutdown button' to myth exit menu

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Wed Jan 28 17:55:01 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Audio Phile wrote:

> Currently, when I ESC out of the GUI, I'm presented
> with a question with two options:
> I'd like to add a third option, 'Yes, and shutdown PC'

Myth already has this option, but if you're running a machine that has a
backend on it, the option is disabled (to prevent you from shutting the
machine down while a scheduled recording is going on, I think).  So if you
have a remote frontend, you'll automatically see this option on it, but
not on the backend machine.

I suppose it would be easy enough to edit mythfrontend/main.cpp to remove
that restriction and recompile if you really wanted to.