[mythtv-users] Hardware for quality video output?

Jon Read mythtv at jonread.com
Wed Jan 28 11:46:06 EST 2004

Hi,

I've decided to upgrade my home server and have it double up as a DVB-T
PVR using MythTV.  As I'm currently using an old Celeron 300A, I plan to
replace the motherboard and processor - but as the new motherboard will
have an incompatible AGP slot I'll need a new video output card as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  I want to use S-Video at the very
least, but preferably RGB via a SCART connector to a PAL TV.  All the
cheap video cards I've looked at don't have very high quality video out
options.  I don't need anything fancy desktop-wise, as aside from the TV
display the machine will be headless.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question, I'm new
around here :-)

Thanks,
Jon