[mythtv-users] The REAL test of Myth

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 10:11:11 EST 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 08:37, Richie Jarvis wrote:
> Michael Starks wrote:
> > As others have noted it is Girlfriend Acceptance (or Approval)
> > Factor. The first time I sat her down to show her what we could do
> > with live TV it froze up after about 10 seconds.  It just happened
> > to freeze on a frame of a sexy model with really big, ahem... baby
> > feeders.  She looked over at me and without saying a word I knew
> > the two things that look meant:
> >
> > 1.  The TV never had to be rebooted before.  The TV has never
> > crashed. 2.  I must have somehow planned the freeze at that
> > particular fraction of a second for my manly entertainment.
>
> Excellant!!! I know exactly what you mean....
>
> My own personal struggle with WAF and KAF (kid acceptance factor) are
> numerous.  Myth is increasing stable in my house (which is very nice)
> - but stupid things like conflict resolution and recording priorities
> are currently beyond the users :(  This means I get glares of varying
> quality caused by such simple things as Eastenders not being recorded
> because Crafty Tricks of War is on....
>
> Ah well - I guess the sooner I get that second backend up and running
> with another tuner card, the better :)
>
> Still - at least they r using it!

My wife enjoys it, especially MythMusic and MythVideo.  She only watches
recorded TV if I 'drive', and hasn't quite worked up the courage to
schedule her own recordings.

I have a 2-year-old and a  4-year-old, and they *love* MythVideo.  I
have a whole directory of children's videos that they watch.  My family
refers to my Myth setup as "the System", and it's very amusing when the
kids have a play date at someone else's house and the parents put on a
video for the kids... my girls say "oh, we love this movie, we have it
on the System!"... which produces blank stares from the other
parents...

Some of my other friends jokingly refer to my Myth setup as "TiJoe" :-)

-JAC