[mythtv-users] The REAL test of Myth

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Wed Jan 28 08:37:42 EST 2004

Michael Starks wrote:

> As others have noted it is Girlfriend Acceptance (or Approval) Factor.
> The first time I sat her down to show her what we could do with live
> TV it froze up after about 10 seconds.  It just happened to freeze on
> a frame of a sexy model with really big, ahem... baby feeders.  She
> looked over at me and without saying a word I knew the two things that
> look meant:
>
> 1.  The TV never had to be rebooted before.  The TV has never crashed.
> 2.  I must have somehow planned the freeze at that particular fraction
> of a second for my manly entertainment.

Excellant!!! I know exactly what you mean....

My own personal struggle with WAF and KAF (kid acceptance factor) are
numerous.  Myth is increasing stable in my house (which is very nice) -
but stupid things like conflict resolution and recording priorities are
currently beyond the users :(  This means I get glares of varying
quality caused by such simple things as Eastenders not being recorded
because Crafty Tricks of War is on....

Ah well - I guess the sooner I get that second backend up and running
with another tuner card, the better :)

Still - at least they r using it!