[mythtv-users] XFree86 on PVR-350 TV-out

Jason Lindquist jlindqui at babylon5.figure1.net
Tue Jan 27 21:41:35 EST 2004

In our last episode, Jason Lindquist expounded:

> When I try to start X, it gives an odd error but does not quit:
>   (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument
>
> Looking at the logfile, the primary device doesn't match what I
> set with the BusID line in the config file:
>   (II) Primary Device is: PCI 03:00:0
>   (**) FBDEV(0): claimed PCI slot 1:6:0

On Oliver Gorwits' suggestion, I changed the BusID line in my
XF86Config "Device" entry to:
  BusID "0x1:0x6:0x0"
Simply adding hex "0x" prefixes to all the numbers.  It works just
fine now.

Updated config files are still at:

>   http://web.figure1.net/~jlindqui/projects/mythtv/configs-040124/

mythfrontend works fine on the TV, and is quite readable using these
settings:
	Theme:		Blue (liquid has unreadable white text)
	GUI width:	632
	GUI height:	456
	GUI X offset	40
	GUI Y offset	14
	"Run the frontend in a window" unchecked

	"Small" font	16
	"Medium" font	18
	"Big" font	20

--
Jason Lindquist  <*>     "And in a country whose revolutionary agenda is
linky at see.figure1.net     defined by free speech, the people's ability to